Skip to main content
Topic: Hommage de Nikki pour Claude Nobs (Read 2706 times) previous topic - next topic

Hommage de Nikki pour Claude Nobs

Voila ce que dit Nikki, dans son compte Facebook, en hommage à Claude Nobs le créateur du Festival de jazz de Montreux:

Claude,

I will never forget the time that you welcomed me and my family into your home in Switzerland. You showed me your awesome model train collection, pinball machines and of course your alphabetically ordered record collection that stretched further than the eye could see. You got up on a ladder, went up the the "E" section and generously offered me a copy of your rarest Ella recordings and as always, you kept your word and gave them to me. That's just the kind of man you were.

When I heard the news of your passing today, my heart was broken into a million pieces. I am so blessed to have known you, to share a birthday with you :) and to have shared a stage with you (you got up with me and started wailing on that harmonica in I'd Rather Go Blind). Thank you for those memories, thank you for supporting jazz for all these years and thank you for all you've done for music and the world in general.

I had never met anyone as passionate as you. You always had a smile on your face, you had such joie de vivre. Your warm heart and your kind soul will not be forgotten.

RIP Claude Nobs
February 8, 1936 - January 10, 2013
--
Serge